How to Prepare Your Vehicle for a Road Trip
If you’re heading out a long road trip from Nashville, make sure you take care of the following vehicle maintenance tasks:
- Oil Change
- Tire Inspection and Rotation
- Check for Fluid Leaks
- Top Off Fluid Levels
- Battery Test
- Resolve any issues like the check engine light being on
Scheduling a service appointment at Serra Chevrolet Buick GMC of Nashville will help to prevent many common breakdown problems. In order to have a worry free road trip, you’ll also want to take these steps:
- Plan Ahead – Using a road trip planner like Roadtrippers or Furkot will help you find destinations near Hendersonville and beyond.
- Bring Plenty of Food and Water – It can be a long time between rest stops, so be sure to bring road trip snacks like granola bars, dried fruit, and bottles of water.
- Road Trip Games – Classic car games like “I Spy” can help to pass the time and keep kids occupied. Print out a list of games and their instructions before you set out.
- Make a Playlist – Road trip songs like “Born to Run” and “Little Red Corvette” are popular options, but you can make your playlist reflect your personal style. If you need an upgraded audio system, the parts department at Serra Chevrolet Buick GMC of Nashville can help.
Get Prepared For Your Next Road Trip at Serra Chevrolet Buick GMC of Nashville
Whether you’ll be heading out in a used car or a Chevy with all-wheel drive like the forthcoming 2019 Chevy Blazer, Serra Chevrolet Buick GMC of Nashville can assist you with getting ready. We can even help you locate the best campgrounds near Nashville, as well as find the best BBQ in Nashville. Give us a call at (615)543-5425 with any questions.